1. It is important to note that our trips are adventure tours and as such, a degree of flexibility is required.
The outline itineraries given for each trip must be taken as a guideline of what each group should accomplish and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Expedition Himalaya.
Expedition Himalaya cannot be held responsible for any delays or changes to the itinerary due to: international or domestic flight delays or cancellations; government regulations; political conditions; strikes; mechanical break-down; border restrictions; sickness; injury; death; natural events eg. exceptional weather conditions, floods, landslides etc; or other unforeseeable circumstances. In such cases, Expedition Himalaya shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which shall be decided upon mutual agreement. If agreement cannot be reached, Expedition Himalaya shall be liable for refunding clients outstanding trip costs after deduction of expenses already incurred.
2. Your booking will be confirmed by email once Expedition Himalaya has received a deposit of USD250 (USD1,500 for 8000-metre peak expeditions) and a signed copy of the booking form and contract.
The balance cannot remain due for more than 2 months prior to departure. If you book a tour with Expedition Himalaya later than 2 months prior to departure, full payment must be made within 7 days of confirmation by us.
3. If you cancel your booking prior to departure, the following scale of charges will apply:
DATE OF CANCELLATION
2 months before departure
loss of deposit (USD 500) – (USD1500 for 8000m)
30 days to 2 months before departure
20% of total trip cost
15 to 29 days before departure
50% of total trip cost
Less than 15 days before departure
80% of total trip cost
Less than 10 days before departure
100% of the trip cost
4. Expedition Himalaya shall not be liable for any refund to clients who, for whatever reason, choose not to complete a trip. In such an event, the client will have to meet all accommodation and any other additional costs incurred as a result of his/her decision to leave the trip early.
No refunds will be given for unused services in the event of changes made to the itinerary because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances.
5. Before joining the tour we recommend that clients take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. If you do not have travel insurance, you must have a credit card with at least a USD5,000 limit.
6. Should you have a complaint regarding our tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 15 days of completion of the tour. We shall try to agree on a settlement. This process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
7. Our itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but note contractual obligation changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancelation or other unforeseeable circumstance. No refund is given for unused service.
8. When you make your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.