Duration: 52 Days
Best Seasons: April-May, Sep-Nov
Altitude : 8516M
$ 7,000 USD
This beautiful Lhotse holds immense promise as it is little developed and offers fascinating opportunities for a beautiful trek.
Its embedded in a region of great natural scenery and dotted with monuments and villages representing the cultural diversity of Nepal.
Lhotse can be climbed either from Everest Base Camp. Being an 8,000er, the Lhotse Expedition encounters many obstacles including high altitudes, harsh weather conditions and even sheer exhaustion. We believe our planning, logistics, staffing and experience coupled with your enthusiasm, patience, and perseverance would help you achieve your lifetime dream.
The temperatures can vary from 27c to - 7c at lower elevations, and at higher elevations, it can vary from 16c to -23c.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1337m)
Day 02/03: Rest/preparation
Day 04: Fly Lukla (2800m), trek Phakding (2610m)
Day 05: Trek Namche Bazaar (3420m)
Day 06: Rest/acclimatization
Day 07: Trek Tengboche (3870m)
Day 08: Trek Dingboche (4360m)
Day 09: Rest/acclimatization
Day 10: Trek Lobuche (4930m)
Day 11: Trek Everest Base Camp (5364m)
Day 12/47: Climbing period
Day 48: Trek Pheriche (4240m)
Day 49: Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 50: Trek Lukla
Day 51: Fly Kathmandu
Day 52: Depart Kathmandu
· Arrival & departure transfer from and to the airport & hotels
· 4 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a good hotel in Kathmandu (twin share)
· Base Camp accommodation with individual sleeping tent with mattress
· Base Camp service with food (shared with group)-kitchen tent with cook, dining tent, shower tent, toilet tent, gas heater etc.
· Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight
· Permits & other local taxes
· Royalty-USD 1800 (if this Royalty increases, the cost will also increase in the same proportion)
· One porter from Lukla to Base Camp & return (one porter carries 25 kgs of load)
· Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee (SPCC) charge
· Cost of Liaison officer
· Insurance including search & rescue for Liaison Officer & staffs
· Transportation, accommodation, food and salary for staffs
· International airfare to and from Kathmandu & Nepal visa fee
· Travel & medical insurance including insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation
· Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
· Accommodation & meals during the trek
· Extra baggage charge (USD 2.5 per kg)Kathmandu/ Lukla
· Extra porter from Lukla to Base Camp (one way) USD 150 per porter
· Oxygen with mask & regulator during climb
· Climbing Sherpa
· EP Gas, climbing equipment
· Tips for Base Camp staffs (USD 200 per climber)
· All service above the Base Camp
· Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry, bottled water, bar bills, etc.
· Trekking/climbing gear (also available on hire)
· Tips for local staff; BS Staff USD 200)
· Rope fixing charge (approx.. USD 150-200)
· Any extra cost arising out of natural calamities or cancellation of the program
· All other items not mentioned in the list of ‘Price Includes’
All visitors except the Indian nationals must hold a passport and valid visa in order to enter Nepal.
All Visas can be obtained on arrival, at on-line terminals within the airport and also at entry points in Nepal.
In order to obtain a visa at the airport or any of the land entry points, you are required to complete an online visa and provide a recent passport photograph and payment in cash for the visa charges as below.
Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries
Multiple entry 15 days – US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 30 days – US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 90 days – US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
If you wish to extend your visa, you can do this at the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu
The visa extension fee for 15 days or less is USD 30 or equivalent convertible currency
The visa extension fee for more than 15 days is USD 2 per day
Tourist visas can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January to December)