Annapurna Base Camp Trek
March to May; June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) is one of the most searched trekking destinations around the Globe. It is one of the most attractive trekking destinations that can be completed in a short period of time. The trail to Annapurna Base Camp Trek starts from Pokhara which is accessible either by roadways or by flight hence, it is more convenient for the trekkers to access the trekking point. The trails are well developed and provide a chance to witness wide varieties of flora and fauna as well as witness the rich culture of the local people living in the region. The trekking trail comes under the protective zone under the Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
The trail to Annapurna Base Camp trek offers stunning view of Annapurna range including Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), and Annapurna South (7219m) along with Machhapuchhre (6993m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Nilgiri (7041m), Lamjung Himal (6986m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), and Tilicho Peak (7134m). Annapurna Base Camp trek also features the trek to the base camp of Machhapuchhre (6993m) which is one of the main highlights of the trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is best for the new hikers as well as for experienced trekkers. People with normal health and physical fitness are eligible to do the trek. The itinerary involves trekking for about 4-7 hours a day for an average hiker. We definitely encourage some sort of exercise before attempting the actual climbing. The itineraries are designed after the consultation with the expert guides. Hence, it is prepared in such a way that it allows proper acclimatization as well as adequate time to enjoy the surrounding environment.
Although trekking to Annapurna Base Camp can be attempted throughout the year as per the convenient time frame of the trekkers, there are two main seasons for trekking in Nepal. It is much recommended to trek to Annapurna Base Camp either during the spring season i.e. from March to May or during the autumn season i.e. from Mid-September to November.
Expedition Himalaya offers you a 14 days standard itinerary to Annapurna Base Camp. We shall be providing you with a highly experienced trekking guide to assist you whilst on the trek. The package includes accommodation at the locally available tea houses operated by the local entrepreneurs with all meals included whilst on the trek and bed and breakfast at the main cities. We shall also provide transportation as stated in the itinerary. The itinerary offered is just a standard one that can be customized upon the interest of the clients. We shall be at your service whenever required and try to assist you in any possible way.
Besides our standard Annapurna Base Camp Trek, we also offer trekking to various other places in the region such as Annapurna Circuit Trek, Ghorepani and Poonhill Trek, Tilicho Lake Trek, etc
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 Rest/preparation
Day 03 Fly Pokhara (884m); drive Phedi; trek Tolka (1790m)
Day 04 Trek Chhomrong (2210m)
Day 05 Trek Bamboo (2310m)
Day 06 Trek Himalaya Hotel (2840m)
Day 07 Trek Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m)
Day 08 Trek Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
Day 09 Trek Himalayan Hotel
Day 10 Trek Chhomrong
Day 11 Trek Ghandruk (2050m)
Day 12 Trek Naya Pul (1070m); drive Pokhara
Day 13 Fly Kathmandu
Day 14 Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section