Annapurna Base Camp Trek
March to May; June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
15 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) is one of the most searched trekking destinations around the Globe. It is one of the most attractive trekking destinations that can be completed in a short period of time. The trail to Annapurna Base Camp Trek starts from Pokhara which is accessible either by roadways or by flight hence, it is more convenient for the trekkers to access the trekking point. The trails are well developed and provide a chance to witness wide varieties of flora and fauna as well as witness the rich culture of the local people living in the region. The trekking trail comes under the protective zone under the Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
The trail to Annapurna Base Camp trek offers stunning view of Annapurna range including Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), and Annapurna South (7219m) along with Machhapuchhre (6993m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Nilgiri (7041m), Lamjung Himal (6986m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), and Tilicho Peak (7134m). Annapurna Base Camp trek also features the trek to the base camp of Machhapuchhre (6993m) which is one of the main highlights of the trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is best for the new hikers as well as for experienced trekkers. People with normal health and physical fitness are eligible to do the trek. The itinerary involves trekking for about 4-7 hours a day for an average hiker. We definitely encourage some sort of exercise before attempting the actual climbing. The itineraries are designed after the consultation with the expert guides. Hence, it is prepared in such a way that it allows proper acclimatization as well as adequate time to enjoy the surrounding environment.
Although trekking to Annapurna Base Camp can be attempted throughout the year as per the convenient time frame of the trekkers, there are two main seasons for trekking in Nepal. It is much recommended to trek to Annapurna Base Camp either during the spring season i.e. from March to May or during the autumn season i.e. from Mid-September to November.
Expedition Himalaya offers you a 14 days standard itinerary to Annapurna Base Camp. We shall be providing you with a highly experienced trekking guide to assist you whilst on the trek. The package includes accommodation at the locally available tea houses operated by the local entrepreneurs with all meals included whilst on the trek and bed and breakfast at the main cities. We shall also provide transportation as stated in the itinerary. The itinerary offered is just a standard one that can be customized upon the interest of the clients. We shall be at your service whenever required and try to assist you in any possible way.
Besides our standard Annapurna Base Camp Trek, we also offer trekking to various other places in the region such as Annapurna Circuit Trek, Ghorepani and Poonhill Trek, Tilicho Lake Trek, etc
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 Rest/preparation
Day 03 Fly Pokhara (884m); drive Phedi; trek Tolka (1790m)
Day 04 Trek Chhomrong (2210m)
Day 05 Trek Bamboo (2310m)
Day 06 Trek Himalaya Hotel (2840m)
Day 07 Trek Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m)
Day 08 Trek Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
Day 09 Trek Himalayan Hotel
Day 10 Trek Chhomrong
Day 11 Trek Ghandruk (2050m)
Day 12 Trek Naya Pul (1070m); drive Pokhara
Day 13 Fly Kathmandu
Day 14 Depart Kathmandu
• Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private tourist vehicle
• Airfare: Kathmandu/ Pokhara/ Kathmandu (Fixed wing)
• All ground transportation by private vehicle as per the itinerary
• Annapurna Conservation Area Project Fee
• TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) fee
• 3 star accommodation in Kathmandu for three nights along with breakfast on twin sharing basis
• 3 star accommodation in Pokhara for one night along with breakfast on twin sharing basis
• Accommodation during the trek in Teahouse/Lodges
• All meals (Breakfast/ Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
• Experienced and licensed, English speaking trekking guide.
• Assistant Guides as required by group size
• Porters (One porter for every 2 members)
• Staff expenses (salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation)
• First Aid Kit (Carried by trek guide)
• Applicable local and government taxes
• Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
• Nepal arrival visa and international flights.
• Any meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara except for welcome dinner (Day 1).
• Your personal equipment (Available on hire in Kathmandu)
• Expenses such as mineral water, laundry, bar bills, showers, internet, battery chargers, etc.
• Travel insurance covering Helicopter evacuation, medical expenses and trip cancellation.
• Tips to guide, porters, and driver as a token of appreciation.
• Any other expenses or charges that are not mentioned in the “cost includes” list.