March to May; September to November
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights, private car or tourist bus
Overview: Chulu East
This trek offers challenging and adventurous trekking around the Annapurna range with an ascent of Chulu East, a technically straightforward peak standing at 6,200m. The summit of Chulu East provides breathtaking views of Annapurnas II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak and Manaslu.
Most of the climbing of Chulu East will involve walking roped together and will include a glacier crossing. The expedition would suit any physically fit individual without the need for prior mountaineering or climbing experience.
Starting the trek from Besi Sahar, our trail ascends gradually along the Marshyangdi river valley to the village of Pisang, where we leave the main trail and head up towards Chulu East base camp. The trek in to base camp allows for gradual acclimatisation, aiding chances of a successful and enjoyable summit attempt. Following our ascent, we rejoin the main trail and head towards the Kali Gandaki valley, the deepest gorge in the world, crossing the Thorung La pass (5,416m) en route. Descending into Jomsom, we take a flight to Pokhara and on to Kathmandu.
This trip is more than simply a mountain ascent: it is also a trek through a wide range of landscapes and diverse cultures. From the lush, terraced rice fields of the Himalayan foothills, through alpine forests, high-altitude tundra, spectacular high-altitude mountain scenery and the stark, barren beauty of the Manang Valley, the variety of the landscape is mirrored in the rich ethnic and cultural diversity of the villages of the Annapurna region that we pass through en- route.
- Arrival & departure transfer from and to the airport & hotels
- 3 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a 3* hotel in Kathmandu (twin share)
- Mostly camping accommodation, where teahouses are not available, on full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Teahouse accommodation, wherever available, on full board during the trek
- Surface transportation as per the itinerary in a private vehicle
- Permits & other local taxes
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Required number of porter/s
- Transportation, accommodation, food, salary and insurance for guide and other local staffs
- Farewell dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Travel & medical insurance including insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu & Nepal visa fee
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry, bottled water, bar bills, etc.
- Trekking gear (also available on hire)
- Tips for guide & local staffs
- Any extra cost arising out of natural calamities or cancellation of the program
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- All other items not mentioned in the list of ‘Included’