Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek
Trekking around Dhaulagiri Base Camp is an exceptional trek that passes through staggering alpine terrain. The Meaning “white mountain’ in local dialect, the Dhaulagiri massif, situated northwest of Pokhara, is one of the largest mountain ranges in the world – 40kms long and encompassing fifteen 7,000m peaks.
Starting outside Pokhara, we follow the Mayangdu Khola (river) westward to Dobang before turning north. Our route then cuts through thick forest providing glimpses of towering mountain peaks.
Crossing the French Col (5,240m), we enter remote Hidden Valley. From here, we cross Dhampus Pass (5,155m) into Marpha, where a few days’ on the Annapurna Circuit route take us via Ghorepani ridge, renowned for its spectacular panoramic view of the Dhaulagiri range, to Birethanti and back to Pokhara.
Conditions on the Dhaulagiri Base Camp trek can be extremely tough and demanding and as such, we do not recommend this trek for inexperienced trekkers.
Day 01 | Arrive Kathmandu(1330m)
Day 02 | Rest/preparation
Day 03 | Drive Beni(899m) 9 hours
Day 04 | Trek Babiyachour (990m) 5-6 hours
Day 05 | Trek Dharapani (1550m) 6-7 hours
Day 06 | Trek Muri (1850m) 5-6 hours
Day 07 | Trek Boghara (2080m) 6-7 hours
Day 08 | Trek Dobang (2500m) 6-7 hours
Day 09 | Trek Sallaghari (2820m) 6-7 hours
Day 10 | Trek Italian Base Camp (3660m) 6-7 hours
Day 11 | Rest/acclimatization
Day 12 | Trek Glacier Camp (4200m) 6-7 hours
Day 13 | Trek Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700m) 6-7 hours
Day 14 | Rest/explore
Day 15 | Trek Hidden Valley (5050m) via French Col (5360m)
Day 16 | Full day hike around
Day 7 | Trek Yak Kharka (3680m) via Dhampus Pass (5240m) 6-7 hours
Day 18 | Trek Jomsom (2760m) 5-6 hours
Day 19 | Fly Pokhara and fly Kathmandu same day
Day 20 | Depart Kathmandu
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private tourist vehicle
- Airfare: Jomsom/ Pokhara/Kathmandu (Fixed wing)
- All ground transportation by private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Dhaulagiri Conservation Area Project Fee
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) fee
- 3-star accommodation in Kathmandu for three nights along with breakfast on twin sharing basis
- Accommodation during the trek in Teahouse/Lodges
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- Experienced and licensed, English-speaking trekking guide.
- Assistant Guides as required by group size
- Porters (One porter for every 2 members)
- Staff expenses (salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation
- First Aid Kit (Carried by trek guide)
- Applicable local and government taxes
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fee
- Any meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara except for welcome dinner (Day 1).
- Your personal equipment (Available on hire in Kathmandu)
- Expenses such as mineral water, laundry, bar bills, showers, internet, battery chargers, etc.
- Travel insurance covering Helicopter evacuation, medical expenses and trip cancellation.
- Tips to guide, porters, and driver as a token of appreciation.
- Any other expenses or charges that are not mentioned in the “cost includes” list.