Everest Advanced Base Camp - Tibet
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/ private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Everest Advanced Base Camp - Tibet
Climbing to the Everest – Advanced Base Camp from the north offers a distinctive cultural experience and a beautiful ascent through rough Tibetan mountainous topography. The unobstructed view of this grand massif from the northern side makes the trek very satisfying.
This is the highest trek on earth. It takes you as close to the summit of Everest as it is possible for a non-climber to reach! It is an amazing adventure to Camp 3 (6,400m) and the base of the North Col via the east Rongbuk Glacier.
We will begin our staged ascent to Everest – Advanced Base Camp/Camp 3, hiking to and sleeping at increasingly higher camps. The keys to reaching the 6,400m mark are to pace yourself, stay well hydrated and warm in the cold and dry climate. We take altitude seriously and allow plenty of days for acclimatization, as well as factoring in a spare day to allow for bad weather, health issues etc.
Trekking rough trails to the highest altitude on Everest possible without crampons, ice axes or any mountaineering skills, spectacular views, exploring Lhasa and the vast, haunting Tibetan Plateau, experiencing the feel of base camp during expedition season all combine to make this truly the adventure trip of a lifetime!
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02 Kathmandu
Day 03 Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,660m)
Day 04 Lhasa
Day 05 Lhasa
Day 06 Drive Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950m)
Day 07 Drive to Shigatse (3,900)
Day 08 Drive to Shegar (4,350m)
Day 09 Acclimatization day in Shegar
Day 10 Drive to Rongbuk (5,000m)
Day 11 Drive/trek to Everest Base Camp (5,200m)
Day 12 Everest Base Camp
Day 13 Trek to Camp 1 (5,460m)
Day 14 Trek to Intermediate Camp (5,760m)
Day 15 Rest day at Intermediate Camp (5,760m)
Day 16 Trek to Camp 2 (5,970m)
Day 17 Trek to Everest Advance Base Camp (Camp 3, 6,400m)
Day 18 Rest day at ABC/contingency day for weather
Day 19 Trek down to Base Camp
Day 20 Drive Nyalam (3,750m)/Zhangmu (2,400m)
Day 21 Drive KathmanduDay 22Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section