Everest Base Camp Trek
March to May, Sept to Nov
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Overview: Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek is the most beautiful and interesting trek that will take trekkers to the base of the World’s Highest Mountain “Mount Everest”. Though most searched and most loved trekking destination, a limited number of visitors get a chance to visit the place. The trek provides an opportunity to discover the unique culture and lifestyle of the Sherpa people who are known as the guardian angels of the Himalayas. One of the major highlights of the treks is it offers an alluring view of Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8414m), Pumori, (7165m), Ama Dablam (6856m), Mt. Khumbila (5761m), and the other Himalayas while standing on the foot of the mighty Everest. Along with the breath-taking vista of the Himalayas, the trekkers also get to relish the beauty of Khumbu Glacier. Kala Patthar (5550m), which is the best viewpoint to relish the beauty of Everest (8848m), is another gist of Everest Base Camp Trek. The trek also features a visit to the hotel operated at the highest altitude in the world, Hotel Everest View (3962m).
The trekking trail passes through the Sagarmatha National Park which has been inscribed as the country’s first national park to be listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. If one is lucky enough, a rare glimpse of Himalayan Fauna and Flora can also be spotted.
The trip to the Everest Base Camp starts as soon as your flight lands in Kathmandu where you will be welcomed and escorted to the respective hotel as agreed. Prior to the trek, you can involve yourself in sightseeing tours which allow you to have an insight into the glorious Nepalese history. The trekking journey starts on day 3 when you will be taking an early morning flight to Lukla which is also known as the gateway to Everest. The trekking starts with as soon as one reaches Lukla and trek towards Phakding. The well-developed trekking trail will lead you forward towards the dream. Besides the natural beauties, the EBC Trek also allows trekkers to adore the pleasant alpine vegetation, beautiful Tibetan villages, chortens, monasteries, prayer flags, etc.
Expedition Himalaya allows you to enjoy the holiday to the fullest by organizing the complete package making your trip hassle-free. Accommodation at the tea houses operated by the local entrepreneurs will be provided with inclusive of the meals. This Trek can be done during any time of the year. However, the best time for trek would be the Spring Season (March to May) and autumn season (October to December). Our standard 15 days Everest Base Camp Trek is designed in such a way that it allows proper acclimatization and adequate time for trekkers to adapt with the environment and enjoy the trek to the fullest
You can also opt for Short Everest Base Camp Trek or even Everest Luxury Trek.
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section