March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
The surreal beauty of the beautiful turquoise lakes that rest in the foot of the highest mountains in the world is sure to make anyone spell-bound. Sitting in the lap of Cho Oyu (8188m), Gokyo Lakes is the highest freshwater lake system in the world and have been successful in inviting travelers from all around the world to witness the tranquility of the lakes. With many mountains to witness and with a trail full of rich greenery and traditional Sherpa settlements, Gokyo Trek never fails to amaze the trekkers.
After arriving in Kathmandu, you will have a picturesque flight to Lukla from where your Gokyo Trek starts. The trail to the hub of the whole Everest region, Namche Bazaar, is compact with rhododendron and magnolia forest, beautiful small Sherpa villages, monasteries, Chortens, colorful Mani walls, prayer flags and prayer wheels. Later, the trek takes you to the quiet and quaint areas of the Everest region as you ascend towards Gokyo valley. The highlight of this trek is the six lakes of Gokyo and the picturesque Gokyo village that is situated on the bank of third Gokyo Lake. The trek also features a breath-taking panorama of Everest (8848m), Cho Oyu (8188m), Lhotse (8414m), and many peaks of the Mahalangur Himalayan Range as seen from Gokyo Ri (5360m) which also hosts a stunning view of the Gokyo Lakes along with the view of Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal. Gokyo trek is filled with excitement and allure as the trekkers walk through moraines and through forested trails while enjoying the pristine landscape of the Everest Region.
Expedition Himalaya has been working in the tourism industry of Nepal for a long time providing our clients with excellent services. We provide you with experienced guides who have explored the remotest and the farthest side of the country and are highly knowledgeable and friendly. We cater to you the best transportation and accommodation facilities to make your stay in Nepal a pleasurable memory. Do remember us for your Himalayan journey!
Day 01 | Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 | Rest/preparation
Day 03 | Direct Heli flight to Lukla(2800m) from Kathmandu and Trek Phakding(2610m)
Day 04 | Trek Namche Bazaar(3420m)
Day 05 | Rest/acclimatization
Day 06 | Trek Phortse Thenga(3680m)
Day 07 | Trek Machhermo(4770m)
Day 08 | Trek Gokyo(4750m)
Day 09 | Hiking around Gokyo
Day 10 | Trek Dhole(4200m)
Day 11 | Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 12 | Trek Lukla
Day 13 | Fly Ramechhap(475m) from Lukla & drive Kathmandu(4hours)
Day 14 | Depart Kathmandu
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private tourist vehicle
- 3 star accommodation in Kathmandu for three nights along with breakfast on twin sharing basis
- Accommodation during the trek in Teahouse/Lodges
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- Airfare: Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- Experienced and licensed, English speaking trekking guide.
- Assistant Guides as required by group size
- Porters (One porter for every 2 members)
- Staff expenses (salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation)
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee
- Khumbu permit
- First Aid Kit (Carried by trek guide)
- Applicable local and government taxes
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Nepal arrival visa and international flights.
- Any meals in Kathmandu except for welcome dinner.
- Your personal equipment (Available on hire in Kathmandu)
- Expenses such as mineral water, laundry, bar bills, showers, internet, battery chargers, etc.
- Travel insurance covering Helicopter evacuation, medical expenses and trip cancellation.
- Tips to guide, porters, and driver as a token of appreciation.
- Any other expenses or charges that are not mentioned in the “cost includes” list.
Note: Please note that the Weather conditions in the Himalayas can be a big obstruction, even during the best trekking seasons. Bad weather or unsuitable weather conditions will directly affect the flight schedule, resulting in flight delays for a few hours to even a few following days. It is really challenging to travel to Lukla by 3 hours of driving, waking up at 2 am to drive to Ramechap Airport, then taking a 15-minute flight. To be safe, we therefore suggest that you extend your itinerary by a few days or opt for a helicopter rather than a fixed-wing flight to reach Lukla. If a flight is canceled, we'll do our best to reschedule it for the next day the following day (Subject to availability).
I just trekked to Kala Patthar with Expedition Himalaya and it was fantastic. It was my first high altitude trek. Their guide Karma summited Everest 7 times, so he was very experienced and knowledgeable. He was also very careful about the acclimatization process, which was critical. Nabin, the Managing Director, was also very responsive to our needs.
Jana L20th Nov, 2019