March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Overview: Gokyo Trek
The surreal beauty of the beautiful turquoise lakes that rest in the foot of the highest mountains in the world is sure to make anyone spell-bound. Sitting in the lap of Cho Oyu (8188m), Gokyo Lakes is the highest freshwater lake system in the world and have been successful in inviting travelers from all around the world to witness the tranquility of the lakes. With many mountains to witness and with a trail full of rich greenery and traditional Sherpa settlements, Gokyo Trek never fails to amaze the trekkers.
After arriving in Kathmandu, you will have a picturesque flight to Lukla from where your Gokyo Trek starts. The trail to the hub of the whole Everest region, Namche Bazaar, is compact with rhododendron and magnolia forest, beautiful small Sherpa villages, monasteries, Chortens, colorful Mani walls, prayer flags and prayer wheels. Later, the trek takes you to the quiet and quaint areas of the Everest region as you ascend towards Gokyo valley. The highlight of this trek is the six lakes of Gokyo and the picturesque Gokyo village that is situated on the bank of third Gokyo Lake. The trek also features a breath-taking panorama of Everest (8848m), Cho Oyu (8188m), Lhotse (8414m), and many peaks of the Mahalangur Himalayan Range as seen from Gokyo Ri (5360m) which also hosts a stunning view of the Gokyo Lakes along with the view of Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal. Gokyo trek is filled with excitement and allure as the trekkers walk through moraines and through forested trails while enjoying the pristine landscape of the Everest Region.
Expedition Himalaya has been working in the tourism industry of Nepal for a long time providing our clients with excellent services. We provide you with experienced guides who have explored the remotest and the farthest side of the country and are highly knowledgeable and friendly. We cater to you the best transportation and accommodation facilities to make your stay in Nepal a pleasurable memory. Do remember us for your Himalayan journey!
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 Rest/preparation
Day 03 Fly Lukla and Trek Phakding
Day 04 Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 05 Rest/acclimatization
Day 06 Trek Phortse Thenga
Day 07 Trek Machhermo
Day 08 Trek Gokyo
Day 09 Hiking around Gokyo
Day 10 Trek Dhole
Day 11 Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 12 Trek Lukla
Day 13 Fly Kathmandu
Day 14 Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section