Jomsom Muktinath and Poonhill Trek
Annapurna Region Trekking, Nepal
07th Jun - 06th Jun
$900 / Person
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Jomsom Muktinath and Poonhill Trek
Jomsom Muktinath and Poonhill Trek is one of the most satisfying treks in Nepal, culturally and scenically. This trekking offers you the opportunity of exploring the only dessert-like in Nepal, that is, Mustang where the most sacred temple of Hindus, Muktinath, lies. The natural beauty alongside the Jomsom–Muktinath trek is magnificent. The surroundings of the place from forests of bright red rhododendrons to stony cliffs and barren region of Mustang are incredible to experience. The Thakali villages of Mustang and the Gurung and Magar settlements of lower Annapurna region add allure to this trek.
The picture-perfect trek to Muktinath starts once you take the morning flight from Pokhara to Jomsom. Jomsom is quite famous for the strong wind and breathtaking views of the sandy terrain. The trail weaves through the lower Mustang vicinity taking you to the village of Kagbeni, a Tibetan inspired village full of prayer wheels, Chortens, and a Buddhist Monastery. The trek’s major highlight Muktinath Temple is a holy site highly regarded by both Buddhists and Hindus. You will be able to explore the ancient Muktinath Temple, a pagoda fashioned temple of Lord Shiva, which hosts an amazing panorama of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. In the end, you pass via many charming Thakali villages including Marpha, which is widely known for the orchards of apples, apricots, and peaches. You can also revel in with the diverse lifestyle of Magars and Gurung inhabiting at the foothills of Annapurna massif. Traversing through lush rhododendron forests, you reach Ghorepani and then Poon Hill. You will be struck to witness the beautiful sun ray hit the white snowy mountains from this vantage point. The Jomsom Muktinath and Poonhill Trek comes to an end when you reach Pokhara and visit different fascinating places in Lake City before finally coming back to Kathmandu.
Expedition Himalaya is a renowned name in the travel and tourism sector in Nepal. With our team of experts, you needn’t worry about the routes, the permits, or the transportation and accommodation facilities. We take your travel needs seriously and we make sure that your stay in our country is memorable and pleasurable. We want you to leave us all your worries and travel hassle-free. We hope to see you soon.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300m
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara |820M|30 minutes| then fly from Pokhara to Jomsom| 25 Minutes| then trek to Kagbeni |2750m|3-4 Hours
Day 03: Trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath |3,802m| 5-6 Hours
Day 04: Trek from Muktinath to Kagbeni |2810m|4-5 Hours| to Jomsom |2720m|3 Hours
Day 05: Trek from Jomsom to Marpha |2670 m| 1-2 Hours |to Larjung |2550m| 3-4 Hours
Day 06: Trek to Larjung to Ghasa|2010m|5-6 Hours
Day 07: Trek from Ghasa to Tatopani |1190 m| 5-6 Hours
Day 08: Trek from Tatopani to Ghorepani |2880m|6-7Hous
Day 09: Trek from Ghorepani to Poonhill |3193m|1.5 Hours| to Tadapani |2630m| 4-5 Hours| to Ghandruk|1940|3-4 Hours
Day 10: Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapool |1070m|4-5 Hours|, drive to Pokhara|820m|2 Hours|
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section