Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
Remote Region Trekking, Nepal
07th Jun - 06th Jun
$900 / Person
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
Beginning your Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek from the small airstrip at Suketar in Taplejung, you make your way through isolated and awe inspiring trails, past dense forests and cascading Himalayan rivers. Kanchenjunga is the third tallest mountain in the world.
The magnificent mountain views of Kanchenjunga and surrounding mountains, traditional villages, Himalayan scenery and scarcity of other trekkers makes this trek an unforgettable experience.
This route is known for its remoteness and rich Tibetan culture. If you are one of those who hates crowded trails; this might just be the perfect choice!
Day 01 | Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 | Rest/Preparation
Day 03 | Fly Suketar (2300m) &trek Tembewa (1880m)
Day 04 | Trek Khesewa (1960m)
Day 05 | Trek Mamanke (1780m)
Day 06 | Terk Yamphudin (1690m)
Day 07 | Trek Amji Khola (2340m)
Day 08 | Trek Torontan (2990m)
Day 09 | Trek Tseram (3870m)
Day 10 | Trek Ramche (4620m)
Day 11 | Trekking beyond the Mirgin La (4663m)
Day 12 | Trek Gunsa (3475m)
Day 13 | Trek Kyapra (2300m)
Day 14 | Trek Sakathum (1600m)
Day 15 | Trek Chirwa (1180m)
Day 16 | Trek Phurumba
Day 17 | Trek Taplejung (1820m)-Suketar
Day 18 | Fly Kathmandu
Day 19 | Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section
amazing experience with expedition himalaya! "I have just returned from trekking Everest Base Camp with 3 other wonderful girls and we couldn’t have done it without Expedition Himalaya! They had everything so well organised that we didn’t have to worry about a thing as everything ran smoothly our whole trip! Neema Sherpa was an unreal guide - constantly telling us info about the surrounding mountains, trekking conditions and altitude so that we had an enjoyable time but also felt extremely safe throughout our trek! I became unwell towards the end of the trip and Neema and the wonderful porters took great care of me :) always disappearing and turning up with strepsils and asking if I needed any medicine to make me feel better! Neema was constantly worrying about us and not himself and whenever we asked how he was it was alaways “perfect, obviously!” which was both humerous but also very humble :) This experience was genuinely amazing! All 4 of us 21 year old Australian girls making it to Base Camp, meeting some incredible people along the way and creating great relationships with our guide and porters during the experience! Could not recommend highly enough :)"
david b10th Oct, 2018
"Excellent service". Excellent expedition support for our mountaneering expedition in the kanchenjunga area. Nabin and his staff have been outstanding with pre expedition communication and organizing all the permits. During the trip they organized all porters and Excellent gear and expedition cooks. Could not be more satisfied with their service very good price compared to other companies. Highly recommended. David bacci from Italy.
Ash B5th Nov, 2018