Khangsung Valley Trek
Lhasa (3656 m)
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/ private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Overview: Khangsung Valley Trek
Khangsung Valley Trek is a fabulous introduction to Tibet offering a mix of challenging trekking amid outstanding scenery, a jeep tour along the Friendship Highway to Lhasa via a detour to Everest Base Camp and to finish, time in Lhasa exploring Tibet’s ancient and fascinating capital.
In Khangsung Valley Trek; hiking through an incredible Himalayan landscape of steep-sided valleys, glacial lakes and high mountain scenery, we will reach the Khangsung Valley, one of the most beautiful but least visited areas of Tibet. Situated close to the eastern side of Everest, the Khangsung Valley is also called ‘the valley of flowers’ due to the thousands of wildflowers that carpet the meadows in spring and summer, setting the valley ablaze with color. The Langma La (pass), situated at 5,320m, is the highest point of the trail and a superb viewpoint from which to gaze out on the breathtaking Himalayan panorama of Makalu, Lhotse, Lhotse Shar and Mount Everest.
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section