March to May, September to November
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights, private car or tourist bus
Overview: Khongma Tse
Khongma Tse, 5,849m, rises to the north of the Khongma La, standing above the Khumbu Glacier opposite the village of Lobuche. It is one of several small summits, including Pokhalde, that make up the long south-west ridge of Nuptse between the Khumbu and Nuptse Glaciers. Formerly called Mehra Peak or Mehra, the name was changed to Khongma Tse to avoid confusion with the popular 6,476m Mera Peak.
Seen from Gorak Shep, the summit has a diamond-shaped hanging glacier above a steeply inclined rock wall that makes up the mountain’s North Face. From Bibre to the south near Dingboche, the mountain is much more approachable. Seen from the lakes east of the Kongma La, a small, stepped glacier descends from the summit between long, rocky arms that make up the mountain’s South and South-East Ridges. The margins of the glacier provide the normal route of ascent.
A highlight of this trip is an ascent of Pokhalde which provides superb views of Konga Tse prior to ascending the peak. As with Pokhalde, the views from the summit of Kongma Tse are spectacular, especially so because of the nearness of the massive south face of Nuptse. The views northwards towards Pumori and the Lho La are also outstanding.
- Arrival & departure transfer from and to the airport & hotels
- 3 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a 3* hotel in Kathmandu (twin share)
- Mostly camping accommodation, where teahouses are not available, on full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Teahouse accommodation, wherever available, on full board during the trek
- Surface transportation as per the itinerary in a private vehicle
- Permits & other local taxes
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Required number of porter/s
- Transportation, accommodation, food, salary and insurance for guide and other local staffs
- Farewell dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Travel & medical insurance including insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu & Nepal visa fee
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry, bottled water, bar bills, etc.
- Trekking gear (also available on hire)
- Tips for guide & local staffs
- Any extra cost arising out of natural calamities or cancellation of the program
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- All other items not mentioned in the list of ‘Included’