Langtang Valley Trek
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Overview: Langtang Valley Trek
Located only 19 miles to the north of Kathmandu valley and south of Tibetan Border, Langtang Valley is one of the ideal places to get closer to the snowy mountains. The Langtang Valley Trek is also known as the glacier trek as the valley is dominated by many snow-capped mountains like the Langtang range and Ganesh Himal range. Langtang valley also encompasses the unique culture and lifestyle of Tamang people, making the trek a fulfilling experience.
The 11-day Langtang Valley Trek is a short and sweet trek away from Kathmandu to experience the wilderness of the Himalayas. The trekking trail mostly passes through a densely forested trail filled with oaks, pines, and bamboo trees starting from Sybrubensi. The trek takes through, home to a large variety of vegetation and wildlife like Himalayan black bear, the goat-like Himalayan Thar, rhesus monkeys, and even the rare red panda. The trek also offers trekkers spectacular view of mountain peaks like Langtang Lirung (7227m), Langtang II (6596m), Ganesh Himal (7422m), Gangchempo (6386m), Langshisa Ri (6427m), Naya Kanga (5844m), and many other massive mountains. Trekkers also stumble across waterfalls, rugged rocks, large Mani walls, Chortens, prayers flags, and swift mountain streams. Another highlight of the trek includes Kyanjin Gompa which is an old Buddhist Monastery surrounded by huge mountains. Trekkers also get an opportunity to visit the local cheese factory in Kyanjin. Langtang valley is not only rich scenically but culturally as well, with the majority of community Tamang inhabitants. Trekker also gets a chance to learn about the lifestyle, culture, and tradition of the Tamang people during Langtang Valley Trek.
Expedition Himalaya is one of the finest trekking companies in Nepal which has been running successfully for almost a decade. Our company believes in creating unforgettable memories for all the trekkers from all around the world by providing them with remarkable services. We make sure our clients get the best services from a-one transportation to the finest accommodations and experienced guides for the full Himalayan experience.
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section