Limi Valley Trek
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Limi Valley Trek
Settled between the Indian subcontinent and the solid savannahs of the Tibetan Plateau, Humla lies concealed in the far northwest crook of Nepal. Limi Valley, situated in the northern part of Humla, was exposed for trekkers only in 2002 AD. Since then, only a few tourists have explored the remote yet beautiful villages of Limi Valley. Limi Valley is one of the most amazing places in the Himalayas that are yet to be explored; hence the valley still houses the purest form of Tibetan Buddhism. The tranquility of the quiet paths, the peacefulness of rugged scenery, antique Tibetan civilizations, and charms, are the main highlight of Limi Valley Trek.
Limi Valley Treks begins from Nepalgunj to Simikot by air, and it is from Simikot, the directorial headquarters of Humla, that the trek begins. Trekkers get to move along the ancient salt trading route and the spiritual tracks of Humla all the way up to the border of China and Nepal in Hilsa. The trekkers also get to relish the beauty of the holy Mount Kailash (6714m) from afar. Humla Limi Valley Trek is an appropriate “off the beaten” trek in the Himalayas of Nepal. This journey leads you to the core of uncharted upper valleys of Humla. Discovering the deep valleys of Karnali River and relishing the turquoise color of the stream is another feature of this trek. The trans-Himalayan terrain, amazing passes, and the captivating Tibetan culture in the settlements of Halji, Til, and Jang are the major charms of the Humla Limi Valley Trek. Apart from the untouched beauty, old-fashioned-looking villages, culture, and an age-old way of life can be explored personally on this trek. The remote environment of Humla Limi Valley Trek has greater chances of finding the blue sheep and also the erratic and mysterious snow leopards.
This popular tour is deemed guilty of hypnotizing people as it combines the country’s most famous landmarks and sacred sites along with diverse natural landscapes into a package. With the team of highly experienced and friendly guides of Expedition Himalaya, the tour is undoubtedly going to be even more hypnotizing. All your permits, transportation and accommodations are arranged by us so that you can have a hassle-free trip.
Day 01 Arrival Kathmandu
Day 02 Flight Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150 m)
Day 03 Flight Nepalgunj to Simikot (2950 m)
Day 04 Trek from Simikot to Dharapuri (2300 m) 4 Hrs
Day 05 Trek from Dharapuri to Kermi (2670 m) 4 Hrs
Day 06 Trek from Kermi to Yalbang (3020 m) 5 Hrs
Day 07 Trek from Yalbang to Tumkot (3380 m) 5-6 Hrs
Day 08 Trek from Tumkot to Yari (3700 m) 5-6 Hrs
Day 09 Trek from Yari to Hilsa (3720 m), crossing the Nara La (4620 m) 7 Hrs
Day 10 Trek from Hilsa to Manepeme (3990 m) 5 Hrs
Day 11 Trek from Manepeme to Til (4000 m) 6 Hrs
Day 12 Trek from Til - Halji (3660 m) 3-4 Hrs
Day 13 Trek from Halji to Jang (3930 m) 4 Hrs
Day 14 Trek from Jang to Talung (4370 m) 8 Hrs
Day 15 Trek from Talung to Shinjungma (3620 m), crossing the Nyalu La (4949 m) 8 Hrs
Day 16 Trek from Shinjungma to Kermi (2670 m) 7 Hrs
Day 17 Trek from Kermi to Simikot (2950 m) 6-7 Hrs
Day 18 Flight Simikot to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
Day 19 Final Departure
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section