Makalu Base Camp Trek
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu Base Camp Trek is often referred to as the most peaceful, beautiful and interesting trekking destination. The world’s fifth highest Mount Makalu(8,481), located in the Mahalangur Himalayas 19KM Southeast of Mount Everest, on the border between Nepal and Tibet Autonomous Region. Makalu Base Camp is situated 5,100m above sea level.
Trekking into the foothills of Mount Makalu offers lush rhododendron forests(most impressive in the spring, when the flowers bloom amazing red, purple, pink and white), some of the last areas of pristine forest, Gurung villages, River Valleys and Makalu Barun National Park at lower landscapes. But at higher altitudes there are breathtaking panoramas of the himalayas, high altitude lakes, alpine meadows and passess to cross to reach the barn, rocky base camp.
The icy, rocky land Makalu Base camp enhances the beauty of the rarely seen Kangshung face of Everest, Barun Glacier, South Face of Makalu, complete panorama of Everest and Lhotse and Kanchenjunga in the east. Descending down from Makalu Base Camp, trekkers cross the Tutu La Pass (4,125m) which is now known by the name of Shipton’s Pass. The Shipton Pass is named after the renowned mountaineer Eric Shipton. He did most expeditions to Mount Everest in the 1930’s and, in 1951, was part of the team that mapped out the now famous route over the Khumbu Glacier.
Expedition Himalayan is known to provide the best hospitality and services to our customers from all around the globe. We make itineraries as per your demand and assign you with an experienced and friendly guide who can make sure that your trip is full of beautiful memories. We provide you with the best transportation and accommodation facilities and also acquire all kinds of permits for your trip.
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 Rest/preparation
Day 03 Fly Tumlingtar 460m; drive Num 1500m
Day 04 Trek Seduwa 1540m
Day 05 Trek Tashigaon 2070m
Day 06 Rest/acclimatize
Day 07 Trek Khongma 3560m
Day 08 Trek Dobato 3650m
Day 09 Trek Yangle Kharka 3600m
Day 10 Trek Langmale Kharka 4400m
Day 11 Trek Makalu Base Camp 4870m
Day 12 Explore Makalu Base Camp
Day 13 Trek Yangle Kharka
Day 14 Trek Mumbuk 3550m
Day 15 Trek Khongma
Day 16 Trek Seduwa
Day 17 Trek Num
Day 18 Drive Tumlingtar
Day 19 Fly Kathmandu
Day 20 Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section