Manaslu Circuit Trek
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manaslu Circuit Trek is a famous off beaten trail in the Himalayas, is located in the west-central part of Nepal near the border with Tibet. The main objective of this trekking is to reach the vicinity of Mount Manaslu (8163m) which is considered the 8th highest mountain in the world belongs to the Mansiri Himal range and the term “Manaslu” stands for “The Spirit Mountain”. According to the folklore, the most compassionate and strong divine-being mysteriously dwells within its area. Manaslu Circuit trek can also be an alternative to the Annapurna Circuit Trek though quitter and relaxing as a few numbers of visitors travel to the area in comparison to the one who travels to Annapurna Region.
Manaslu Circuit Trek is considered as one of the strenuous treks that Nepal offers. It is a perfect blend of nature and culture. Most part of the area lies under the Manaslu Conservation Area Project where various species of rare flora and fauna are conserved. This is a culturally diverse trek finally ending up with the Tibetan cultures high in the Himalayas. You will have plenty of opportunities to interact with local people who are called Nupris while on the trail. You may visit various gompas, monasteries, and shortens. The trek starts as soon as we take a drive to Arughat Bazar which will take approximately 6 hours to reach. It is also the last place to buy any last-minute gears that are missed during the packing. Further, we will drive to Soti Khola. Ther trek generally starts from the sub-Tropical region at an altitude of 700 meters above the sea level. The itinerary is planned in such a way that it allows proper acclimatization to the trekkers gaining an altitude as you trek further. The trek paths follow the Budhi Gandaki River and its valley. The small streams, villages, steep canyons, mountains become the attraction. The main highlight of the trek would be a visit to the base of eight highest Mountain “Mount Makalu” and crossing the Larkya Pass which is considered as a difficult and dramatic pass.
Expedition Himalaya offers Manaslu Circuit trek to all the interested climbers. We have tried to keep the itinerary well planned so that we can minimize the hassle to the guests. While on the trek, everything shall be managed by us. We shall provide the trekkers with three meals a day (Breakfast/ Lunch / Dinner) with accommodations at the best available tea houses operated by the local entrepreneurs of the region. However, in Kathmandu, we shall arrange a hotel for your stay on the BB plan. This will allow you to explore Nepalese cuisine as well.
Manaslu Circuit Trek can be done during is recommended to be carried out during Spring (Mar-May) and Autumn (Sep-Nov) which are two best seasons for trekking in this region. Our team of professional leaders, experienced trekking guides, helpful porters and friendly staffs will be at your service to ensure a safe and enjoyable trek. We shall provide you with a guide and porter (Increases with increase in group size), assistant guide (for the bigger group) who will be accompanying you throughout the trip.
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 Rest/preparation
Day 03 Drive Soti Khola (775m)
Day 04 Trek Machha Khola (900m)
Day 05 Trek Jagat (1410m)
Day 06 Trek Deng (1860m)
Day 07 Trek Namrung (2660m)
Day 08 Trek Lho (3180m)
Day 09 Trek Sama (3530m)
Day 10 Day trip to lake & Manaslu Base Camp (4900m)
Day 11 Trek Samdo (3860m)
Day 12 Trek Dharamsala (4480m)
Day 13 Trek Bimthang (3720m)
Day 14 Trek Tilije (2300m)
Day 15 Trek Tal (1700m)
Day 16 Trek Syange (1080m)
Day 17 Drive Kathmandu
Day 18 Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section