March to May, September to November
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights, private car or tourist bus
Lying at the south-east end of the Ganesh Himal, northwest of Kathmandu, Paldor Peak (5,896m) represents a satisfying and relatively uncomplicated climb with superb views from the summit of the Ganesh Himal peaks, Langtang Lirung (7,227m), Manaslu (8,156 m), Annapurna as well as the mountains of Tibet including Shishapangma (8,013m).
Paldor marks the junction of the Tiru and Karpu Dandas (ridges) at the head of the Mailung Khola, a tributary of the Trishuli Gandaki river. The peak was first climbed by Bill Tilman, Peter Lloyd, Tenzing Sherpa and Da Namgyal during the monsoon of 1949 via the North-East Ridge. This is the traditional route, but Paldor can also be climbed from the South-East, West and South-West ridges.
The main route across the glacier is crevassed and requires careful route-finding. On reaching the col there are two options: Either climbing the straightforward ridge using ropes, or continuing around to the crevassed back for a simpler, 45-degree ridge. In good conditions, making a traverse of the mountain is possible.
The trek in to the peak is one of the most renowned trekking routes in the Ganesh Himal region, offering climbers and walkers a range of outstanding scenery – lush, green, terraced fields, stunning tranquil lakes, cascading waterfalls and spectacular mountain vistas – as well as glimpses into the lifestyle and culture of the local Tamang and Gurung villages we pass through.
Due to the proximity of the Ganesh Himal to Kathmandu, the journeys to and from the start/end of the expedition can be accomplished easily in one day. The trek begins from Syabru Besi, around nine hours’ drive from Kathmandu. It ends in Khahare Bazaar from where we will drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 Rest/preparation
Day 03 Drive Syabrubesi (1470m)
Day 04 Trek Gatlang (2238m)
Day 05 Trek Yuri Kharka (3280m)
Day 06 Trek Somdang (3260m)
Day 07 Trek Jasta Khani (3700m)
Day 08 Trek Paldor Base Camp (4280m)
Day 09 Rest/preparation
Day 10 Trek High Camp (5300m)
Day 11 Summit Paldor Peak (5896m); descend Base Camp
Day 12 Trek Somdang
Day 13 Trek Narchet Kharka (3800m)
Day 14 Trek Sertung (3270m)
Day 15 Trek Jharlang (1600m)
Day 16 Trek Darkha
Day 17 Trek Khahare Bazaar (720m)
Day 18 Drive Kathmandu
Day 19 Depart Kathmandu
- Arrival & departure transfer from and to the airport & hotels
- 3 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a 3* hotel in Kathmandu (twin share)
- Mostly camping accommodation, where teahouses are not available, on full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Teahouse accommodation, wherever available, on full board during the trek
- Surface transportation as per the itinerary in a private vehicle
- Permits & other local taxes
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Required number of porter/s
- Transportation, accommodation, food, salary and insurance for guide and other local staffs
- Farewell dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Travel & medical insurance including insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu & Nepal visa fee
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry, bottled water, bar bills, etc.
- Trekking gear (also available on hire)
- Tips for guide & local staffs
- Any extra cost arising out of natural calamities or cancellation of the program
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- All other items not mentioned in the list of ‘Included’