Upper Mustang Trek
March to May, June to Aug
Sightseeing and trekking/climbing
12 pax Maximum
Flights/private car or tourist bus (as per itinerary)
Overview: Upper Mustang Trek
Mystical, less explored and untouched land of Upper Mustang calls every trekker to explore its magnanimous beauty. The once forbidden land, Upper Mustang, lies beyond the mountains and is the only dessert land of Nepal. Heavily influenced Tibetan styled settlements are common sites to see in this region which reflects old aged culture and tradition of the former Kingdom of Lo. Upper Mustang Trek is a visual and spiritual treat for travelers seeking tranquility in a faraway land.
The 15 days Upper Mustang Trek takes you to the off beaten paths of Nepal that is compact with pristine culture and nature. Starting from the capital of the country, first you will fly to Pokhara and then to the windy town of Jomsom from where your trek begins. The trail takes you through the apple orchards of Kagbeni, the gateway to Upper Mustang, and walks through the riverbed of Kali Gandaki River passing several settlements until reaching Chele. The trail consists of many passes and crosses several small streams that lead to picturesque destinations. The trek reaches Chungsi Cave—a cave turned into a monastery, Ghar Gumba—an ancient monastery believed to hold the pure virtue of Lo, and other monasteries beholding the culture and history of Upper Mustang. The highlight of this trek is the fortress city of Lo Manthang which used to be the capital of the former Kingdom of Lo. The palaces and fortresses of Lo Manthang situated amid the colorful desserts make for an enchanting view for the travelers. The trek allows you to interact with the people living beyond the Himalayas and provides you a chance to understand how life goes on in such tough terrain.
Expedition Himalayan is known to provide the best hospitality and services to our customers from all around the globe. We make itineraries as per your demand and assign you with an experienced and friendly guide who can make sure that your trip is full of beautiful memories. We provide you with the best transportation and accommodation facilities and also acquire all kinds of permits for your trip.
- Arrival & departure transfers by private vehicle
- B&B accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 star hotel on a twin-share basis
- Complete camping equipment for trekking
- Accommodation & meals while trekking
- Food & camping at Base Camp for members & staff
- Expedition permit (shared basis) & national park fee (wherever applicable)
- 1 tent per climber at Base Camp
- 2 Base Camp staff (1 cook & 1 kitchen boy)
- 1 liaison officer plus daily wages, equipment & insurance
- Staff wages, equipment allowance & insurance
- Required number of porters (porters to carry up to 30kgs each) including food & equipment
- Domestic airfare (strictly as per itinerary) for members & staff
- Cargo fees (strictly as per itinerary)
- Cargo clearance & duty fees
- All surface transfers as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program
- Nepal visa fee
- unch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- High-altitude Climbing Sherpa
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Supplemental oxygen
- Filming permit (if special camera)
- Cargo Customs clearance duty fees
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “Included” section