All visitors except Indian nationals must hold a passport and valid visa in order to enter Nepal. Visas can be obtained at entry points into Nepal. In order to obtain a visa at the airport or any of the land entry points, you are required to complete an on-line visa form and provide a recent passport photograph and payment in cash.
- Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries
- Multiple entry 15 days – US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 30 days – US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 90 days – US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency continue reading
- If you wish to extend your visa, you can do this at the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu.
- The visa extension fee for 15 days or less is USD 30 or equivalent convertible currency.
- The visa extension fee for more than 15 days is USD 2 per day
- Tourist visas can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January to December).